New! Happy Trails OSR (original side racks) are now compatible with KLR650 for bikes from 1987-2008 ONLY!!. Please note they are designed for soft luggage only.
- Made of special 1/2" steel tubing
- Ends concerns with scuffing the rear side panels on your bike
- Eliminates concerns about luggage melting on exhaust
- Offers an added measure of confidence in falls of all types
- OSR Racks can be easily removed with two bolts for air filter and battery maintenance
Finish: Black powder coat paint.
Note 1: Original Side Racks do not include a tail rack.
Note 2: If you think you might upgrade to fixed luggage in the future you might consider the Happy Trails SU Rack, suitable for soft and fixed luggage.
All Happy Trails products are crafted in Idaho
Will the Happy Trail OSR rack fit a 2013 KLR 650??
There is a considerable difference in the hole locations on the E Model KLR. The OSR Rack uses a round spud for mounting and this does not give the sufficent clearance for the difference in the hole locations.
We recomend the HTP4-1-2M Happy Trails SL Rack for the later years of the KLR. We built the SL with a SLOTTED TAB at the front mount point to allow for the hole variation.
Here is the the link to the Happy Trails HTP4-1-2M SL Rack
The SL rack also works much better with latest design of Soft Luggage such as the Happy Trails Mojave Soft Luggage
The Happy Trails SL Rack als works very well with Wolfaman and Ortlieb Soft Luggage.