The stock shock spring on the KLR650 is aimed at a 155 rider. Many of us left that kind of weight behind in high school! These ERS (Eibach Race Spring-System) allow you to fit a properly weighted spring based on your weight and riding load.
When other springs sag, wear out, or create sketchy handling or a bone-crushing ride, top motorcycle tuners "like top race teams" inevitably turn to Eibach. These springs feature:
- Precision tolerances; the tightest in the industry
- Ultra-lightweight, for reduced unsprung mass
- Maximum deﬂection in combination with smallest block heights
- Precision plane-parallel and square end configurations under unloaded and loaded conditions
- Lowest side loads with load center ideally located relative to spring axis
Exceptional block resistance and durability
Spring is 9" x 2.25".
When you are calculating weights for the chart below here are some tips:
- Add 10 pounds to your weight for riding gear
- Add in the total of your luggage and contents for the long trips you will be taking
- Anything that mounts on the tail rack has more leverage so add about 30% more for weight
- Don't forget the tank bag and other bags on the bike
- The stock KLR shock has 5 adjustments so you need to be resetting this for the different weight you have on the bike
- Check you SAG on each of the settings with you stock spring
- Some of us are already riding 2 up by ourselves and we don't want to admit it
Please use the following chart as a guide when ordering shock springs:
I have 2 KLR's and am looking at upgrading the springs. My son and I are going to take the bikes on a month long trip North Western Australia. Roads are full of corrugations - there will be a 500km section of sand riding and the load will max out at about 150kg(330 lb) of rider and gear on each bike.1) What springs do you recommend front and rear.2) What price and shipping can you do for 2 sets of front and backGerard
The 500 pound spring would well for what you have decribed.
I would suggest the Progessive Front Springs for your bike.
When you put the items in the shopping cart you can get a freight quote at that time.