This HAPPY TRAILS center stand reflects two-years of research and development.
In designing the centerstand our goal was to produce a product which was best in
class for the following criteria:
- Ease of installation
- Ease of use - in getting the bike on the stand
- Ground clearance - the most possible
- Adjustable height - one stand for all combinations of tires/suspension
- Lightweight (6.25 lb.) and durable
- Replaceable wearing parts
We think we've succeeded on all counts.
1. The center stand allows the rear tire to clear the ground in
combinations of suspensions and tires. It works
with lowered suspensions (1" or less only) ... aggressive tires ... road
2. The side stand and center stand must be deployed in a certain order to avoid
interference. When dismounting, set the side stand first ... next deploy the
center stand. Reverse this order when preparing to ride.
3. The product works with all skid plates Happy Trails sells for the KLR650. If you have a different skid plate, then look to see if there is an air
space where your skid plate meets the foot peg bracket. If there is, then your
skid plate will work with our center stand.
4. This centerstand is designed to work effectively with lowering links
which lower the bike up to 1" (including the Happy Trails Lowering Link
HTP4-1-10. Our centerstand must not be used with links that lower
the bike more than 1" to ensure the centerstand will have adequate clearance with the road surface when cornering.
All Happy Trails products are crafted in Boise, Idaho