The 465 Series Progressive Shock represents state of the art high pressure gas monotube shock design. It utilizes a large 46mm bore and deflective disc piston for precise damping. The beefy 16mm hard chrome shaft rides on custom viton seals for low friction and leak free life. This 465 is custom tuned for the KLR650 from the damping and spring rate all the way down to the jounce bumper.
- High pressure gas monotube for ultimate performance
- Five position rebound adjuster for adjusting to changing conditions and riding styles
- Threaded body to allow for fine adjustments in sag
- Aluminum body and components make it lightweight and stylish
- Hard anodized finish is durable and corrosion resistant
- Hard chrome shaft promotes seal life and durability
Stock and short (1" lower) versions available.
Spring 1159-20B is used on the KLR shock with the threaded preload adjuster Rate 500/560 Length 9" I.D. 2.35" O.D. 3.32"
i have my KLR 08 650 at my home in costa rica. i need to replace rear shock. was wondering if it is any more difficult to install the progressive 465 with 1" lowering than the regular version? also, does this shock require any sort of routine maintenance? i'm especially concerned if i need to add nitrogen gas etc routinely---as this might be very difficult to do in costa rica. thanks
The Progressive 465 1" lower is a very easy install on the KLR. The nice thing about the 465 series is that they are virtually trouble free, well built and dependable. We have ran them on KLR's and V Strom's with great success..